Monday, February 24, 2014

Thing 2

For this post I looked at The Best iPad Tips and Tricks (iOS 4 to 6) – for those of you who haven’t upgraded to iOS 7 (or can’t on your device) here are some tips for iOS 4 to 6.  I have not had a chance to upgrade my iPad mini to iOS 7 yet.  I have had my iPad for almost a year so I knew quite a few of the tips, but I did learn a few new handy tips.   One thing that I learned and will be happy to pass on to the students at the school where I work is how to type with special characters.   I never knew these existed and it will be helpful when the foreign language classes are using the iPads.

I also am glad to learn that you can undo deleting text by shaking the iPad, carefully without dropping it!  I wish I had know about this earlier when I had accidentally deleted some typing without knowing that I was deleting stuff.  I would have been able to retrieve what I lost had I known this trick.

The last one that I was grateful to learn and test was being able to locate my iPad.  There have been times when I accidentally left it at work and didn't realize until I got home.  If I had known how to do this I could have just logged onto my computer and located it using my apple id and the iCloud, which I had installed but didn't realize that was one of its features.

I am so glad that these help tips are out there because then people can learn all these tips.  It will also be helpful to those schools where they have one-to-one iPads.  If my school had 1-to-1 iPads I would definitely show this to the students.   I am going to bookmark this page for when I upgrade to iOS 7 so I will be able to learn the new tricks and be able to smoothly use the new iOS.

No comments:

Post a Comment