Monday, February 24, 2014

Thing 3

I looked at 3 of the utility apps on my iPad and they were all amazing.   The first one I looked at was the free wifi app which locates the free wifi spots that are the closest to you.  This app will be helpful to me personally because I can locate a place that has free wifi so that I can find places where I can work online when I don't want to work at home.  Professionally it will help me tell the students where I work where they can go and get free access to wifi, because everyone doesn't have access to wifi at home.  

The other app that I looked at was RedLaser.  This app allowed me to located deals, stores, and coupons that were close to my location.  I like the fact that there was a spot to put my rewards cards so I wouldn't have to carry them with me all the time.  I will never use that function because I have an iPad and I don't carry it with me when I am out shopping, and I like carrying the cards.  But I can see how this would be helpful to people who have a smartphone.   Professionally I can use this to locate books and other supplies that I need.  I will be able to compare prices and find the best deal, and when working with a budget that is very important.

The last app I looked at was the StandApp.  This is great because I can set it up to remind me to take breaks at work more often and stay healthy.  Someday the time just flies by and I don't realize that it has been hours since I have moved.  The best part is that you set the alarm or intervals.  Tis will help both personally and professionally to get me to stand up and exercise more often.  I really want to stay healthy, and this app will help take that small baby step to getting there.

I had never heard of these apps and I wish I had earlier. They seem to be pretty great and I can't wait to use them more often, plus they are free so you don't have to spend big bucks to get them, which is always a plus!  

1 comment:

  1. Great post! I agree that one of the best things about this program is learning about apps you might never have heard of otherwise. I really enjoyed reading about how you could utilize the Thing 3 apps in your personal and professional life, and I look forward to your next post!

    ReplyDelete