Friday, May 16, 2014

Thing 13

For the Presentations Thing I chose to use Educreations because it is an app that we have on our school sets of iPads and I haven't had a chance to really explore what the app can do, so this seemed like an opportune moment.

This is a great app to create presentations and share ideas with students, co-workers and use at professional conferences.  You can add images, text, audio, etc. and it is like a electronic whiteboard. You can also share what you have created by emailing it, on Facebook or Twitter.  This is a very easy app to use and it I can see how it would be very helpful to professionals and educators.

Professionally I could use this to create information that I could present to the students about new books, citation help, copyright and many other library topics.  I can also show teachers how to use this app so that they can use it to create lessons for their students, this would be very helpful in a flipped classroom model.

Personally I could use it to create a timeline about the family history or create collection of photographs from an event and share it with people who attended.  This app is harder for me to think of ways to use it personally because I can clearly see it being used more in the professional realm because there are so many other apps that allow sharing information or photographs.

No comments:

Post a Comment