Friday, May 16, 2014

Thing 17

For Thing 17 - Connecting to Community, I chose to look at the Explore MN app.  I chose this app because I love exploring Minnesota and having this app will give me all the up-to-date information about the things going on in our lovely state.  This app is much better than ordering all the paper brochures plus you can create a list of places to visit.

Personally I would use this to make lists of places that I want to visit, find festivals that are going on in the different areas and new places to take photos.  This would also be helpful to me when I have out of town guest come to visit, because I know I have lived here all my life but there are many things that I still have yet to experience or things that I don't even know about that would be fun to see.

Professionally this would be helpful to guide people to who are in the library looking for travel information about Minnesota.  This would be great to point out to patrons because then they don't have to carry around the bulky travel books and all the information is current.  This would be great in a school library because it would help students who are doing a report on Minnesota find out about places in our state.

This app seems to be a little temperamental right now, but hopefully there is a bug fix coming soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment