Friday, May 16, 2014

Thing 14

For the Videos Thing, I had a lot of fun with the Magisto app.  In this app you can put videos and photos together into a movie along with music and effects and then send it to friends and family.  All you have to do is select the pictures or video clips (you get 10 in the free version), the layout, the music (they have choices or supposedly you an add your own music), then you create a title and then it makes the movie for you.

Personally I would use this to create cute, short movies of photos of friends and places I have visited that I could then share with others.  I chose a bunch of photos that I had on my camera roll and I wasn't exactly happy with the way they displayed each photo.  Some had important parts of the photo cut off and there was no way to change how the photo was displayed because the app created the movie.  I would rather use different software to create movies for friends or family, also because you can only use 10 photos in the free version and it wouldn't allow me to use any of my songs from iTunes even though it showed that it was an option.

Professionally this would be a great way to have students or kids/teens create a book report.  You could have them find 10 images that would tell the story and then you could have them showing on a screen in the library.  This is a great way to show them that a book report doesn't always have to be a written paper and a great way to integrate technology into lessons.

No comments:

Post a Comment