Friday, May 16, 2014

Thing 18


For Thing 18- Education, I had trouble trying to figure out which one I should talk about because there are so many great apps that were listed, but I chose to look at Today's Document which is an app that has 365 documents or photographs about American history from the National Archives.   
This is a great app, it opens with a document for the day, but you can also do a search for anything that you would like to find out about.   You can also share these documents via email, Facebook or Twitter.

Personally I love history, one of my undergraduate degrees is in History so I love being able to look at historical documents or information.  Being able to have access to information without have to be at the National Archives is a great and an amazing thing brought on by technology.  It just amazes me by the different things that we now have access to and how easy it is to see these documents and photographs from history.

Professionally this is a great thing to point out to students or patrons who are looking for primary source documents or for historical information about our country.  It is a great way to have access to these documents or photographs.  This will also appeal to people who just love to look at the historical documents or anything to do with history.   Like I said above this helps people have access without having to be in the actual National Archives.

No comments:

Post a Comment