Friday, May 16, 2014

Thing 23

My reflection and evaluation of 23 Mobile Things-

I was participating in this for 2 reasons: 1 was for a grad school class and the other was because part of my job at the school library where I work is to research apps that might be helpful for our school to  get for our sets of iPads.  I was able to find quite a few helpful apps that we are adding to our collection and learned a bit more about apps that we already had but I had never worked with.  I can now help teachers figure out how to use some of the apps that we have, like educreations.

My favorite Thing was finding out about Quickoffice because I hate trying to work on documents on a mobile device and this has made things much more easier to edit and work on, this is one of the apps that my school has added to our iPads.  I also like the StandApp because it helps me to not sit too long at my desk at work or sit too long at home.

My grad school class was participating and we would talk about some of the apps during class sometimes and I would also mention this program to the tech and library staff in case they were interested.

One thing that I was disappointed in is that some of the apps did not work really well or at all so I had to find another app to choose.  It was kind of a bummer that I couldn't use my first choice because of these flukes.   One other thing was that I had to create quite a few profiles and my digital footprint has grown more than I had hoped it would.

I would definitely participate in another program like this because it was a lot of fun, it was self paced and it was great that you had a lot of different choices to explore and be able to figure out how to use these both personally and professionally.  I think that it really helps people see that these apps are not only good for professionally but that they are can also be used in one's personal life.  

I would describe my experience as eye-opening, engaging and enjoyable, a completely worthwhile experience.

1 comment:

  1. So glad you enjoyed the program! You did a great job and we enjoyed reading your posts. :)

    ReplyDelete