Sunday, May 11, 2014

Thing 5

I used Dragon Dictation and before I used it I thought about this app.  I think that it would be very helpful for when I wanted to make note of something but I didn't have a piece of paper at the time.  It would also be helpful if I needed to have my notes for a class dictated, this would be an easy way to do so.  It does state that it is not perfect and you may have to edit your notes to change the words that it cannot figure out, which is great that it has that option.

After trying the app it did pick up a lot of the words I said but it did have trouble translating a few of the words I said.   I would use this personally to dictate things that I want to remember if I couldn't find a piece of paper (but providing that I had my iPad with me) and I would also use it for making lists of things to accomplish.  Professionally I would use this to take notes while watching a webinar or reading an article, because it says that it is easy to share it through email.

I think that this app would be very helpful especially if you had a iPhone or smartphone because you would always have it with you, but you might not carry around an iPad everywhere.  This app would be very beneficial to those who have it on their cellphone, but I could only see it useful on the iPad if you were using it for note taking after reading an article or watching a webinar.

No comments:

Post a Comment