Friday, May 16, 2014

Thing 15

For Thing 15 - Infographics I chose to use the i Visual Info Touch Lite app.  I have already had some experience making infographics using a web based program and it was not bad but I had only done this once.  Infographics are a great way to display information without having to write a long paper but include just as much research as if you would be writing a paper.  It is also a great way to display information for people to see.

Personally I could use this to create "posters" to display images or information for my wedding or about a baby being born.  This would be a fun way to make those announcements and send them to people.  Especially since you don't have a whole lot of space to work with on the app.

Professionally it is a great way to give directions, show statistics, show book reviews, and show other types of information.  You could use it to make posters for new books and include brief information about the book and author.

While I think this is a great way to display information, this app is really limiting.  You can put in shapes, text and change the background but that is about it and you can expand beyond the space of the screen.  But it is very easy to use, unlike the web program that I had used before, which was slightly tricky to figure out.   But recently I found a great new way which is very easy to create infographics, and that is using PowerPoint.   PowerPoint is very easy to create infographics and it takes about 20-30 minutes.  Someone created a slideshare presentation about how to do it and since then I have created 2 infographics and I have 3-4 others in the works.

No comments:

Post a Comment