Sunday, May 11, 2014

Thing 6

For thing 6,  I chose to use Quickoffice and I must say I am a total fan!!!  At the school where I work we have Google Drive along with 2 carts of 30 iPads each, but it it not easy to edit documents on mobile devices.   Once I got this app and tried working on documents on my own iPad it made editing and creating documents on a mobile device so much easier.  It is a really easy app to work with and will make editing documents on mobile devices much easier.  The best part is that it works on both Apple and Android devices, so it doesn't limit who can use it.

Personally it is helpful to me while creating documents for my own personal use and for grad school, because I don't have to always be sitting at my desktop computer to edit these with ease.  Professionally this is great for being able to access and edit all documents that I would need for my work.  I would be able to do some work or edit something on my iPad if my computer wasn't working or I was in a meeting and only had my iPad with me.

We have added this app to the iPad carts so that students at the school where I work can easily work on their documents for their classes.   Next year the middle school will mostly have access to only iPads as the high school goes one-to-one and they are getting rid of the computer lab and adding another cart of 30 iPads.  The middle schoolers will need to be working on documents and be using our version of Google Apps, and now having this app will make this process so much easier.

1 comment:

  1. I love reading posts where someone found an app that really "wowed" them and that they could use right away! Great job!

    ReplyDelete