Sunday, May 11, 2014

Thing 8

For thing 8,  I chose to write about the Facebook app, which I already had prior to signing up for 23 Mobile Things.   I have only just recently obtained a Twitter account and I am still getting used to my Google+ account.   I like being able to have my Facebook account accessible where ever I had my iPad and could find a Wifi connection.   It makes it very easy to change my status and see what everyone else is doing.   However it also makes it much easier to get lost checking status updates instead of interacting with actual people.

Personally I use Facebook all the time to see what family and friends are doing, play games, and enjoy photos of my niece who I get to see maybe once a year.   It is also a place where I can post cool things and photos.   It is a great tool to keep in touch with people instantly and all over the world.

Professionally I could see posting library events or book trailers for people to check out, but a lot of schools have the internet blocking any social media so it would only work where you worked did not have it blocked.  I see this more as a personal tool, but I know that it is used professionally at times.   Event though I love it,  I also see that it leads people to interact virtually instead of face to face more often.

1 comment:

  1. Nice job looking at how to use the app both personally and professionally. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete