Sunday, May 11, 2014

Thing 7

For thing 7, I looked at the Pinterest app,  I already had a Pinterest account but I had only used it on a computer.  I have enjoyed using Pinterest and I found the app great because I could be searching and not be sitting at my desktop computer.  I love being able to have the freedom to check out things and post them to my Pinterest account from anywhere.  The one drawback was that it seemed to take up a lot of space on my iPad so I had to delete the app and only use the web version.

Personally I use Pinterest to locate different crafts and other things that I am interested in and be able to keep them all together.   I have been able to try a few things and I love having them all in one place instead of having to do a Google search.

Professionally we have created a Library Pinterest page which has links to helpful library and research tools, fun library ideas and crafts, and library celebrations.  It is a great and fun way to get people connected to the library and see the different things that you have to offer them.  We are creating a middle school makerspace next year and I have a ton of ideas that I have put on our Pinterest page that will give the students ideas and let them know of the fun things we are going to do in the library.

No comments:

Post a Comment